Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Team USA!

I would not consider myself a sports fan - I don't sit at home and watch football or baseball on TV, but I LOVE the Olympics! The athletes are amazing in what they can accomplish and I love all the support they receive during the competitions from the crowds. I just have to say that I am so proud of our gymnastics team - especially the men coming out of nowhere and achieving the bronze! I am definitely more in tuned with the swimming though....being a former competitive swimmer, it is a love of mine. I just cannot get over the race times these swimmers are achieving!! Incredible! Michael Phelps is definitely standing out and I am looking forward to seeing him in the next couple of races.

I am enjoying the competition we are up against from other countries and for the most part, everyone has displayed good sportsmanship (or sportswomanship which should be a word!) so far. I am really looking forward to the rest of the events and I hope you are also enjoying the amazing display of athleticism! Go team USA!

2 comments:

Dad Stuff said...

We also are enjoying the Olympics with our two kids.
They're started to know more athletes than I do.
We are hooked on swimming and volleyball.

allimath said...

I am hooked on the Olympics as well! Summer Olympics have always been my favorite. I have been impressed with just about everyone. And I've been staying up past midnight every night to watch the competition. Michael Phelps is phenomenal. It just goes to show what human bodies can truly do when trained and conditioned - which you full well know.