Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Balboa Park

Along museum row, this guy was playing a didgeridoo!

San Diego has many great places to explore and many times I feel the need to feel like I am NOT in a huge city anymore. Balboa Park offers a great escape! True, it is a VERY popular place for many people to go at all times of the day every day of the week BUT there are a lot of trails that go around the park and through it. These trails take you away from the mainstream area of Balboa park and allow you to enjoy nature without having the disruption of traffic noise or people!

This was a view of part of Balboa park over a great picnic spot!

So this past Sunday I needed an escape and Balboa park is nice and close. I did an hour long "tour" through the park zigzagging my way from museum row to the back trails. There are PLENTY of photo opportunities in the park but unfortunately I just had my cell phone camera with me. So I have a couple pics to share but hope to bring you more in the near future!


This is the lawn bowling club at Balboa park....reminds me of a movie set in the 1800's.

1 comment:

Christine Slay said...

Nice pics! I miss Balboa Park a lot.. it's such a great place to get away and to people watch!