Friday, May 22, 2009

Surprise! Well....not really....

My brother got married yesterday. I'm a little surprised and yet....not. He's been with his girlfriend for about five years or so. But it's not the length of their relationship that makes the marriage seem unsurprising. Meagan (Todd's girlfriend) is going into the Army in a couple months and IF she gets through boot camp and actually gets into the Army, then she will get more money for being married. This is their reason for getting married! This is why I am not surprised....it's typical of Todd to have a bad reason for making a big decision like this.

So apparently they went to Phoenix yesterday and had a civil ceremony. I don't even know if they had any friends there. My parents are visiting me right now, so they weren't at the ceremony. Todd has alienated most of the friends he used to have, so it wouldn't surprise me if there was no one there.

Many of you have heard my stories of my brother....he and I are NOT close. Well, that's an understatement. We aren't on speaking terms and haven't been for awhile now. It's a long story that I am not going to get into on here but this is just another item on the long list of bad decisions he has made (in my opinion).

....And that's about all I have to say about that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in a similar situation with my sister; and can sympathize completely! With her 4 kids I do feel somewhat obligated to be a good uncle to at least some of them. Haven't talked with my sister in a few months and our last words weren't very nice. I feel for you and your family in Todd's decision making but I understand the decision as well. The military has many marriages due to money and convience and my first marriage wasn't the greatest having nutured it from afar. Just try to be understanding and civil; don't try to change his mind. I hope your brother makes peace with the family/you; Take Care! Dno