Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Kid in Me

I realize it has been a long time since I've posted...sorry about that! It's been a crazy few months with school and work and very little free time. I don't get to play as much anymore! This time of year can bring out the kid in people, especially me, so I thought I'd share a bit of the kid I used to be...



My aunt Carol was recently cleaning out her storage area and found a bunch of papers she had forgotten about. She found this drawing I had done when I was about 7 or 8 (you can see why I do photography now) - she had to have surgery, so she was in the hospital for a little bit. My Mom had gone to San Diego to help her out while she was recovering and apparently I felt the need to draw the hospital room with me visiting her. You'll have to forgive the copy....the paper was crumpled quite a bit. I don't know if you can tell or not but the far left side of the drawing shows a nurse sitting at a computer. How did I know there was a nurse and a computer in the hospital??


This second copy is a letter that I wrote to my aunt Carol while I was at camp (I was about 9 or 10). I don't think my handwriting has a changed much over the years except it's a bit smaller now! My signature has definitely changed....you can barely make out the individual letters anymore. I must have just learned cursive writing in the school year before I went to camp. Obviously good handwriting wasn't enforced in my school!
This last item is a photo of me (animated as usual) hiking with my aunt Carol in the east county of San Diego. I have absolutely no idea what I was doing but I was very theatrical when I was younger and had no trouble with speaking my mind. I loved entertaining.....whether there was an audience or just myself. Doesn't quite fit with the introverted person I am today, does it?? Ha!!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Jen, you are still theatrical. Yeah, how did you know that computers would be my nemesis?