Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Size Issue

There is nothing like going to buy a bridesmaid dress to deflate your self-esteem! I am in a wedding in November and the bridesmaid dresses were picked from David's Bridal. I've been putting off getting the dress because I HATE clothes shopping...that and I had to save up for the dress. So I went into the store today....dreading every moment...and the girl asks me for my size. I give her my normal size which she writes down along with a size larger. She explains that their dresses tend to run small....yippee. So I get two dresses, one in each size, and go into the dressing room to try them on. I decide to try the larger one on first, thinking that maybe my recent weight loss will make this dress fit too loosely. Maybe it will give me a little self-esteem boost - you know? HA! Fat chance of that! The damn thing was too tight....well, the girl was able to get the zipper up all the way but then I went to take a deep breath......so much for that! Either I spend all night at the wedding doing shallow breathing and continuously fight off passing out OR get a larger size. So I asked the girl for a size larger (I'm not into the passing out idea) - now we are 2 sizes larger than my "normal" size. This one fits (much to my disappointment) - it would have been nice if it was a bit too big, but no, it fits perfectly. Damn the fashion industry and their sizes!!

No comments: