Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What are the Chances?!

I am thinking one in a billion, but you tell me. I was driving home from work today and had my windows all the way down - I do live in San Diego and air conditioning is not often needed. Anyway, I was minding my own business and all of a sudden I felt a stinging/burning sensation on my chin! It felt like a hot ember had been thrown at my face!! So now I'm driving down the road and brushing my hand frantically against my face to get rid of the sensation...then I notice a dead bee on my seat. That's right, a bee!! Apparently the bee ricocheted off my side mirror and went into my truck, hit my face and stung me!! OUCH!! What the hell are the chances of that happening?? Check out the pic! Ok, ok, so maybe it's hard to see here (even though I circled it for you). It's not that bad really - if it had been my friend Christine there would have been a problem - she's allergic to bees!! But I still thought it was pretty random!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Good lord woman!! I can't believe that happened. If it makes you feel any better, about a month ago I was driving with my window just partially opened and got splatted on - my whole left arm. That's right - bird poop. Unbelievable!! Guess "windows up" is a good option.