Tuesday, September 8, 2009

John Hughes Flashback

As many of you know I have been doing a cleansing diet for the past few weeks (more to come on that). There were a few reasons for the diet but the result has been that I have lost a few pounds (woohoo!) in the last few weeks. My scale had noticed the difference and I had kind of noticed the change in how my clothes fit, but it wasn't a drastic weight loss. So it was nice to hear one of our cardiac patients telling another patient that she thought I looked thinner. After working at it for a few weeks it's nice that other people notice when you do get results, especially when the results don't seem that noticeable to yourself!

Later in the class, this same patient decided to come up and tell me that she thought I looked like I had lost weight and was looking good. I thanked her and told her a little bit about the diet I had been following. This particular patient likes to talk...and give more details than necessary. She also has a tendency to talk with her hands so she can embellish her story. She went back to complimenting me on how I looked (which was very nice of her) but this time pointing out the specific areas where she saw the changes. Apparently my bosom (yes, she used that word) is more noticeable because my torso has gotten thinner. She kept bringing her hands towards my torso as if she wanted to grab me to make her point. I immediately thought of that scene in Sixteen Candles when Molly Ringwald's grandmother exclaims how perky her "boobies" are and then proceeds to feel her up! Luckily I was able to avoid any groping from the patient....but it was a close call! Whew!!



1 comment:

Christine Slay said...

Too funny... and uncomfortable too!! Glad you lost some weight and are feeling good. I hope to see you soon to see if those boobies look bigger!!