Saturday, August 7, 2010

King of Masks

The King of Masks San Diego always has many events going on throughout the year...too many to keep track of really! This past weekend my friends and I went to "Screen on the Green" which is located in Balboa Park. They set up a huge movie screen on the grass just outside the Botanical Gardens and show the movie once it's dark enough outside. Bonus: IT'S FREE!! (one of my favorite four letter words)

We started showing up around 5pm with an assortment of nosh items and libations to make up a wonderful picnic on the grass while we waited for the sun to go down. We had wine, beer, and margaritas.....and water but I think Mariana was the only one who used that to get some spot out of her shirt. LOL

It was definitely a cool experience ....one we are planning to repeat in a week when they play Moulin Rouge! (The original one, not the Nicole Kidman/Ewan MacGregor one)

So here are a couple photos I took with my crappy camera....enjoy!
Here's the mega screen....no clue who the woman is, she was just in my way.
Juan, Pita, Natasha, and Sam.....fellow picnickers!
Mariana and Steve
Paola and I
Lauren...enjoying her popcorn








Mariana and her freaky"two thumbs up"

No comments: