Sunday, May 2, 2010

Discount Devotee

Somewhat recently a good friend introduced me to online group discounts (Thank you Mariana!). Not just an online coupon for random, everyday, boring items like body wash or tampons. I am talking great coupons for restaurants, spa treatments, kayaking rentals, scuba diving lessons, Pilate's classes, etc! Sounds good, right? But what's even better is that the discounts are anywhere from 40-80% OFF! That's right people! Get ready to add to your bookmarks!!

At first I was skeptical. How good could the deals be? What would possibly entice me to use the service?? Well, first of all, it's FREE. Free to sign up, free to peruse the various offerings, FREE!! Ok, no worries there. Maybe you have a little more to clutter your email inbox but for a chance at a good deal, I can handle hitting delete a couple more times a day! So my first group coupon crack-pipe was Groupon. They send you an email five days a week with the deal of the day. Easy enough. I check out the deal and if I don't like it, I delete it! If I am interested, then I just buy that coupon and I get several months to use it before it expires. AWESOME!

So I found a couple deals that I took advantage of ~ $25 worth of chocolate at Chuao Chocolatier for $10 (Niiiice!) and $45 worth of food at Bombay (nice Indian restaurant) for $20 (also quite awesome!).  So far...loving the Groupons!

Then my crack pushing friend, Mariana, introduced me to FOUR other sites!! All using the same concept, with one of the sites even lowering the deal price when more people sign up for the deal! How incredible is that?!

So now I can get my coupon high from Buy With Me, Reader Steals, The Daily Save, AND Living Social! WOOHOO!! I am in coupon bliss......ahhh....

Then the coupon crack started to take hold. I think I might be salvageable but it could be touch and go for a bit. I currently have coupons for an Indian restaurant, two kayak rentals, dance lessons, and THREE different Pilate's classes!! None of which I have actually started using yet. I LOVE getting the high deals, in case you couldn't already tell, but now I need to actually USE them!!

Well, maybe one of my new coupon hustling sites will come out with a deal for a twelve step process to wean me off the deal dependence.  I may be contacting one of you to be my sponsor. You never know when the urge may hit me to buy a hang gliding lesson at 60% off!! Be ready for that midnight phone call when I may need you to talk me out of that deal!! Then again, maybe I will be much happier just riding the coupon high....






1 comment:

Unknown said...

HA HA! Check Groupon today, hypnosis class... you can get hypnotized to stop buying them! :)

By the way, there's one more:
http://clicknshout.com/san-diego